Distribute to Kobo
We are pleased to announce our new partnership with Kobo - a global eBook retailer!
Please read the details and decide if you'd like us to distribute your books to Kobo.
As we all know, the more retail channels your books have, the better your chances for increased sales. So please take advantage of this opportunity and have BookieJar distribute your books to Kobo. This requires you to explicitly opt in, so please consider doing so as soon as possible.
- Pricing your books:
- Only books priced between $0.99 and $12.99 and meeting the following requirements, can be distributed to Kobo.
- For books sold directly on BookieJar website, you still get 70% of net sales.
- For books sold on Kobo, you’ll get 60% of net sales.
- Opt in:
- To Opt in please check the box "Distribution Channel: Kobo" on the upload/edit book page.
Requirements for your book to be distributed to Kobo:
(Note these are Kobo requirements only. Your books will still be published on BookieJar even if they don't meet these requirements.)
- Each eBook must have a unique ISBN, not the same as the print edition of the book, if one is available.
- Each eBook must be priced between $0.99 and $12.99, and at least 20% percent below the suggested retail price of the print edition of the book, if one is available.
- The eBook price must be less than or equal to the lowest price provided by the publisher / writer to any other retailer.
- Titles shall not be works in the public domain, being works published before 1923 in the United States, “author’s lifetime + 50 years” in Canada.
- eBooks must be available in every geographic location within which the publisher/ writer has intellectual property rights.
- For sales to users in the United States, Canada, Australia, and the United Kingdom, the publisher / writer will be paid with 60% of net sales. Sales in all other territories shall be paid with 35% of net sales.
Steps to Opt in:
- For new books, check the box "Distribution Channel: Kobo" on the upload book page.
- For books published on BookieJar already: check the box "Distribution Channel: Kobo" on the edit book page. (Log in to BookieJar -> click Account tab -> select the book you've published, you will get to "edit book" page -> check the box "Yes, I'd like BookieJar to distribute this book on Kobo".)
Questions: email email@example.com